I started this blog for my parents, who recently moved to the Philippines, so they can peek in on the Givens family daily life and keep up with all of Quentin's silliness.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Life Lessons at Tae Kwon Do
At Q's tae kwon do school, the teachers always say the kicking and punching is the fun part. They stress that what's most important is that the kids learn about hard work, discipline, giving their best effort, love, respect and gratitude. They also end every class reminding the kids to be thankful to their parents. I always wonder exactly how much of these life lessons Quentin is really taking in. The other day, Q fell asleep in the truck on our way home from Disneyland. When I was laying him down, he woke up and told me he had a lot fun and said thank you for working hard and spending your money on me so I can have fun. I just about died.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment