Monday, August 30, 2010

Green Belts

We got to spend the summer with my mom who just recently went back home to the Philippines, so it's back to sending pics, videos and stories through the blog. Q just tested for his green stripe belt, and this was Q's best testing yet. The instructors at his tae kwon do school amaze me. They know each child (all 200+ of them) so well and understand each child's needs and talents. The instructors take extra time to talk to Q and encourage him to build up his confidence. Q, who used to be afraid of the board breaks, had enough confidence this time around to break two junior boards. His age group usually does board breaks with a single smaller board.
Q's tae kwon do school encourages family involvement, so I started the adult classes a few months ago and just tested for my green belt. I'm in class with a few parents and really enjoy it. So, after sitting back and watching class for a few months, B just joined the adult class too. I can't wait to put pics and videos up of his first testing!

1 comment:

Kristy Floyd said...

Look out... I don't want to be meetin the Givens family in a dark alley anytime soon! Way to go guys!