Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kindergarten




This week was full of changes for Q. Tuesday was a big day, kindergarten at a new school. He's been going to preschool at a small private school, so the switch to public school was a huge change. He woke up excited, but I think he was just trying to psyche himself up. B and I stood with him in line in front of his class and both of us (Q and I) managed to hold back our tears. When we picked him up he said he loved it!! On Wednesday after I picked him up, he asked if kindergarten was everyday. I told him yes and thankfully he's still ok with it. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off to hang out with Q after his first two kindergarten mornings so Thursday was another big change for Q, kindergarten in the morning and daycare after. He goes to daycare at the private school where he went to preschool so at least it's something familiar. He doesn't love having to go to daycare, but he's dealing with it. Today we found out he has another change to deal with, he's getting moved to the kindergarten/first grade combo class starting Monday. He seemed excited at first, but now he's starting to rethink the whole ordeal. He's already told me he doesn't want to switch, he likes the kindergarten class he's already in. All of our anxieties that were slowly starting to fade have just reached a new height....

2 comments:

michelle michael said...

he's awesome!! and i talked to heather today. her friend's daughter got moved to the combo too and she is a member of the pta. heather had some info i can pass along and she told me to give you her number if you wanted to talk about it at all... love u guys!

Kristy Floyd said...

I hope the switch today went well! Lots of changes, but it seems like he's handled it like a champ so far!