Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Season




I've been wanted to do an Advent Calendar for Q and just recently found a great idea on this blog. http://www.chicaandjo.com/2010/11/10/grinch-advent-calendar/. I used an over the door shoe organizer which is perfect because they have 24 slots and decorated each slot with Christmas scrapbook paper. Q was super excited to start opening his advent calendar gifts last night. Before getting ready for bed, the three of us sat together to talk about Christmas and remind Q just how much we love him. I think the Advent Calendar is going to be one of my favorite Givens family Christmas traditions.

3 comments:

Kristy Floyd said...

OMG... this is so genius! Yours is so much cuter than the Grinch one! I have been desperately searching for a way to make an advent calendar, but I can't so sew, so I've been coming to dead ends. I can definitely do this one; I just hope it looks as awesome as yours! Happy Advent, Givens family!

Amy @ TheMombot.com said...

i love it!!

michelle michael said...

super cute!! what did you fill it with???