So, I went in to Q’s room Sunday night to put some laundry away and found this on his bed. Hilarious, kid had already laid out his clothes for school the next day, complete with Monday undies! The kid is fashion conscious, I thought he was more fashion conscious than most kinder boys, but maybe not. He started kinder wearing Paul Frank shirts, then he switched to Star Wars shirts and now he’s been asking to buy cool shirts, specifically DC shirts. Then he asked for Nike’s when we were in Nordstrom Rack the other day. But I realized this may be typical behavior from boys in his class when he was telling me that another boy in his class said he should go back to wearing jeans instead of shorts because he looks cool in jeans. About a week ago, I dropped Q off at school one morning and noticed his class mates having fashion related conversations in line before class. It kind of bums me out that kinders are already so self conscious. With kindergarten coming to a close I can’t believe how much Q has grown up in just one year, I’m not really looking forward to all the changes and drama that first grade will bring. Thank goodness for summer vacation, I think I need it as much as Q.
I started this blog for my parents, who recently moved to the Philippines, so they can peek in on the Givens family daily life and keep up with all of Quentin's silliness.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Fashion Conscious
So, I went in to Q’s room Sunday night to put some laundry away and found this on his bed. Hilarious, kid had already laid out his clothes for school the next day, complete with Monday undies! The kid is fashion conscious, I thought he was more fashion conscious than most kinder boys, but maybe not. He started kinder wearing Paul Frank shirts, then he switched to Star Wars shirts and now he’s been asking to buy cool shirts, specifically DC shirts. Then he asked for Nike’s when we were in Nordstrom Rack the other day. But I realized this may be typical behavior from boys in his class when he was telling me that another boy in his class said he should go back to wearing jeans instead of shorts because he looks cool in jeans. About a week ago, I dropped Q off at school one morning and noticed his class mates having fashion related conversations in line before class. It kind of bums me out that kinders are already so self conscious. With kindergarten coming to a close I can’t believe how much Q has grown up in just one year, I’m not really looking forward to all the changes and drama that first grade will bring. Thank goodness for summer vacation, I think I need it as much as Q.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's hard to believe how fast they are growing up!! we sure do love him, cool shirts or not. xoxo
Post a Comment